Page 4 of 5
Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Fri 06. Nov 2015 15:14:04
by Grendel
Well…
#1 Is it
this ?? Reeeallly? Sorry just dont like those gloves.
#2 Skull looks cool but ya should be cautious-my fox skull (on my neck) is broken into two pieces just cuz of one fuckin hit! Best way to don't lose it is..dont wear it into battle
#3 This fabric s good-lookin! But I'd fray, damage the ends of sleeves.
#4 It ain't badass orc when his gambeson is made by sewing machine! Should be made by black hands of Mordor! Remake it, ya dont want this damn beautiful gambeson-ya want orcish gambeson! Most important point I think.
#5 Think this fine piece of leather should be scratched and stuff.
#6 I'd prefer kinda darker weapon, but yeah, latex weapons are expensive.
#7 Shouldnt it be on your wrist?
Just my opinion. Overall, its nice costume. My ideas are just details.

Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Fri 06. Nov 2015 15:45:54
by Hellwolve
Grendel wrote:Well…
(...)
Just my opinion. Overall, its nice costume. My ideas are just details.

I like opinions and critique

They more or less force me to keep on thinking about my costume and improving the lot. So, thanks! Impressive that you took the time to edit the pics to point out specifics. I do have some things in reply, though
Grendel wrote:Well…
#1 Is it
this ?? Reeeallly? Sorry just dont like those gloves.
Yes and no. They were used as part of the glove, but by now are covered up. If you look
here, you'll see what the gloves look like at the moment.
Grendel wrote:#2 Skull looks cool but ya should be cautious-my fox skull (on my neck) is broken into two pieces just cuz of one fuckin hit! Best way to don't lose it is..dont wear it into battle
I've already noticed what you mean. I've seen a highly detailed foam replica of that kind of skull and I'm probably going to be using that, instead of this real skull.
Grendel wrote:#3 This fabric s good-lookin! But I'd fray, damage the ends of sleeves.
It's definitely on my to-do list to improve the sleeves!
Grendel wrote:#4 It ain't badass orc when his gambeson is made by sewing machine! Should be made by black hands of Mordor! Remake it, ya dont want this damn beautiful gambeson-ya want orcish gambeson! Most important point I think.
Must admit this was a budget choice ;) I don't have the money (yet) to buy an extra gambeson.
Grendel wrote:#5 Think this fine piece of leather should be scratched and stuff.
Agreed. It's also on my to-do list to improve.
Grendel wrote:#7 Shouldnt it be on your wrist?
What do you mean?
Again, thanks!

Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Fri 06. Nov 2015 17:40:28
by Racek
Must admit this was a budget choice ;) I don't have the money (yet) to buy an extra gambeson.
You can "upgrade" your gambeson by many ways. For xample: Just grab a machete, axe or a big knife, hit your gambeson with it few times and then sew up the holes you made with your machete/axe/big sharp thing

You don't have to buy new gambeson, you can just "make it orcish"

I made my gambeson from cloth what i found in cellar, I didn't have to buy anything, but I was producing it about 25 hours

Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Fri 06. Nov 2015 17:56:49
by Hellwolve
My apologies for being incomplete...I have multiple characters, among them gentlemen who need an undamaged gambeson

So I'd actually need a extra gambeson and/or cover this one up.
Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Fri 06. Nov 2015 21:15:21
by Racek
Well, in that case you can only buy it or make it

Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Mon 09. Nov 2015 16:51:15
by Hellwolve
Luckily, gambesons aren't that expensive, so I might consider buying one specifically for this costume :)
Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Tue 26. Apr 2016 11:19:13
by Hellwolve
Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Tue 26. Apr 2016 20:23:21
by Gortak
Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Tue 26. Apr 2016 21:25:56
by Hellwolve
Re: Hellwolve
Posted: Fri 13. May 2016 9:40:03
by Urkeredoo